Luckily, the cost of starting a tailoring business in Nigeria is low and affordable. Tailoring business in Nigeria does not cost so much.
Some of the most important equipment to buy when starting up a tailoring business includes scissors, tape, sewing machines, and so on.
Interestingly, we have evaluated the estimated cost of starting a tailoring business in Nigeria in 2021 and we have arrived at the total amount needed to set up a tailoring shop in Nigeria.
Requirements/Equipment for a Tailoring shop
Knowing the necessary equipment needed for a tailoring shop will help us to evaluate the cost of starting the business.
A new tailor in Nigeria will need the following equipment in setting up a tailoring shop;
- A shop/Location: A container or a room in your house is okay for a start.
- Sewing Machine. Check out the prices of sewing machines in Nigeria here.
- Office pins
- Measuring Tape
- Exercise Book
Note: The items listed are for a mini tailoring shop. An advanced and mega sewing shop will need more equipment than the ones listed above.
How Much Will it Cost to Start a Tailoring Shop in Nigeria?
The estimated cost of setting up or starting a tailoring shop/sewing business in Nigeria start from Hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000) for a small mini tailoring shop.
A mega or advanced tailoring business/sewing shop will cost between Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N500,000) to One Million Naira (N1,000,000) for a startup.
Generally, the differences in the start-up cost depend on the type of shop, the type of machines and equipment, the location of the business (the cost of renting a shop), and the number of employed tailors.
- Cost of setting up a music recording studio
- Total Cost of Opening a Barbing Salon
- Amount needed to start a PPOS business in Nigeria
- Evaluated cost of starting a Cosmetics business in Nigeria
Sewing/Tailoring Equipment Prices in Nigeria 2021
To help you make a good budget, here are the prices of tailoring/sewing equipment materials in Nigeria:
|Item/Equipment||Quantity Needed||Prices in Nigeria|
|Location||One Shop||36,000 to 250,000|
|Sewing Machine||2||N31,000 each for manual machines|
|Measuring Tape||2||N700 each|
|Exercise Book||One 80 leaves||N150|
|Sewing Machine Needle||packet 250 pieces||N2,500|
|Thread||60 pieces mixed colors||N3,600|
Tailoring Business Plan in Nigeria
1. Acquire a lot of training skills: Learn new Sewing skills, learn new designs, learn how to design all kinds of dresses, learn to sew both make and female dresses.
2. Promote your Business: the internet is a very cool place to sample your goods, handwork, and designs to reach out to a large audience.
The best places to advertise your tailoring business online include the following;
- Google AdSense: Google AdSense is the best advertisement program in the world. They will help to extend your business to customers that will surely patronize you.
- Online forums, etc.
3. Choose a Good Location: An easily accessible location will attract more customers to patronize your business. Best locations include marketplaces, Higher institutions, residential lounge, and any other busy location.
4. Have Good Customer Service: make sure you keep your customers up to date and make sure you keep to every promise and business agreement and appointment.
Do not fail your customers if you want them to trust you and always come back to patronize. Customer Service/satisfaction should be your ultimate priority.
Luckily, that is the evaluated cost of starting a tailoring business in Nigeria in 2021 even with a small amount of money.