If you want a detailed analysis on the cost of starting and running a snail farm in Nigeria, then here is a good place to start with.
In this article, I will considerably give a very useful and valid, but estimated cost of Snail farming in Nigeria from the starting point to the profit time.
The reason I used the word “estimated cost” is because, the cost analysis of starting any kind of farm in Nigeria will mostly depend on the farmer’s financial budget and location.
Quick Content Access
Major Expenses in Snail Farming
There are no much expenses in starting a snail farming in Nigeria. The major Expenses that you will make includes but not limited to;
- Feeding: Feeding is the only expenses that will cost you little. But in a general idea from snail farmers, feeding snails is the cheapest thing any farmer could ever think of.
- Medication: Your snails might need a little medical attention for growth boosting and healthiness. But the expenses on medication is very low and rarely considered.
- Site or land for the farm: This may cost the farmer a bit. Getting a suitable farmland to situate your snail farm might be the only major expense that might cost you much.
- Training: this could be considered or not. But, it is always recommendable for new farmers to undergo training so as to acquire the basic skills that will help them run their farm successfully.
How Much Does it Cost to start Snail Farming in Nigeria.
Like I said initially, the cost of starting a snail farming in Nigeria is very low. As a snail farmer, you do not need so much money to start.
If you want to start Snail farming in Nigeria in 2021, then it will cost you less than Fifty Thousand Naira (N50,000) at the start and it will cost as low as Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000) to run and maintain it.
- Cost of starting fish farming in Nigeria
- Price of day old layers in Nigeria
- The price of pork meat in Nigeria
- Current cost of raising layer Poultry in Nigeria
Note: this cost depends on the size of the Snail farm you want to start. So you budget should depend on the kind of snail farm you are aiming at.
|Project||Cost Amount in Naira|
|Feeding||Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000)|
|Medication||Five Thousand Naira (N5,000)|
|Space/land for the farm||You can use any available space around you.|
|Training (Optional)||Thirty Thousand Naira (N30,000)|
Profit in Snail Farming
Snail farming is one of the most rarely practiced kind of farming in Nigeria and that be because of it’s fragility.
In the other way round, it is also the most profitable kind of farming in Nigeria because of the limited number of farmers that are interested in it.
As a result, the demand for snails meat in Nigeria is far higher than the supply and that has resulted in a high cost of Snail meat across the nation.
I am sure you have known the estimated cost of starting and running a snail farm in Nigeria?. Feel free to ask any questions in the comment section for more clarification.