Are you expecting a baby? or Do you need to buy children’s things? and maybe you want to find out or at least have a clue how much it will cost to get baby stuff in Nigeria this season?
Then you don’t have to search until you get to this article, I’ll definitely give you an estimate of each child’s items and where you can find them. For expectant mothers, or parents already doing so, you may also be a trader who wants to know the price situation in the market, this article is the best you can find online. So why not take a breather and check the current prices of baby items in the Nigerian market.
Quick Content Access
- Prices of Baby Food in Nigeria
- Prices of Baby Diaper & Wipes in Nigeria
- Baby Wipes Price
- Price of Feeding Accessories
- Baby Nursery Prices
- Baby Bathing Kits Price
- Price of Baby Toys
Prices for baby clothes in Nigeria
Children’s clothing often comes in different forms because of their gender. However, there are unisex children’s clothes as well. When choosing children’s clothing, you need to consider the weather and the atmosphere of your community.
For this reason, When you buy a children’s wardrobe, you need to find clothes that will suit all weather conditions whether it is raining or sunny. Short sleeves, long sleeves, sleeveless, Bodysuit, bedding, socks and clothes should all be included.
Another point to consider when shopping for baby clothes, always consider the baby size to get the smallest size especially for shoes because baby comfort is very much needed. It is also important to get these items in pairs.
Socks, jerseys, shawls, bedding, clothing, tops, shorts, vest and shirt should be made of lightweight materials, and even birds should be avoided to prevent child overcrowding.
- Bodysuit: ₦700-₦2,500
- Sleepsuit: ₦1500- ₦4000
- Beanie: ₦800-₦2,500
- Socks: ₦800 for three pairs
- Sweater: ₦2000-₦5000
- Shawl: ₦2000-₦3000
- Dresses: ₦1500- ₦5000
- Vest: ₦800-₦3000
- Shorts: ₦700- ₦2000
- Bibs: ₦600- ₦1000
- Shoes: ₦1500- ₦5000
Prices of baby clothes will differ due to brand, texture, and location especially the imported ones.
Prices of Baby Food in Nigeria
For babies aside from breastmilk, they take other food, and it depends on their age. For a baby of 0-3 months, their food is different from that of 3-6months, and it keeps going like that. There are various brands of baby food in Nigeria both locally made and imported ones.
Price of SMA Foods
- Gold First Infant Milk (400g) for 0-6 months goes for ₦3,650 – ₦4,300
- Pro 2 (800g) for 6-12 months sells around ₦5,500 – ₦7,200
- Wysoy Soya Infant Formula from birth (860g) cost ₦12,000 – ₦15,000
- Pro First Infant Milk (800g)goes for N6,000 – N7,000
- Pro Toddler Milk 3 for 1-3 years sells around ₦7,000 – N8,000
Price of Similac
- Go & Grow Sensitive Formula (680g) goes for ₦13,000-₦16,000
- Sensitive Instant Formula (845g) sells around ₦16,500-₦18,000
- Neosure (371g) cost ₦11000-₦12,000
- Soy Isomil (658g) goes for ₦14,500-₦16,000
Price of Enfamil
- Neuropro Gentlease (567g) cost ₦16,000-₦17,000
- Premium Newborn Formula (629g) sells around ₦14,500-₦16,000
- Enspire Instant Formula (581g) goes ₦19,000- ₦21,000
Nestle Cerelac Price
- 12 Months old meal goes for ₦5,000-₦6,000
- Cerelac Apple & Wheat With Milk sells around ₦1,750-₦2,000
- Cerelac Maize & Soya (900g) cost ₦1,780-₦2,000
- The price of Cerelac Mixed Fruits Cereal is around ₦1,650-₦2,000
Price of Nestle NAN
- Nan 1 & 2 Optipro Infant Formula (400g) cost ₦2,000-₦2,500
- Nan 3 premium Milk (400g) sells around ₦2600-₦3,000
Aptamil Baby Formula Price
- Organic Baby Rice (100g) cost 6packs ₦9,500-₦11,000
- Baby Formula goes for ₦5,900- ₦6,300
- Stage 1-3 sells around ₦6000-₦7,000
- Multigrain Cereal (225g) cost ₦1800-₦2,500
- 4 Month Cereals Varieties goes for ₦ 1500- ₦2,500
- The price of Pro Futura First Milk & Growing Up Milk (800g) is ₦12,000- ₦13,000
- Pepti for Cow Milk Allergy (800g) costs ₦13,000-₦14,000
- Creamed Porridge (125g) sells around ₦1400-₦2,000
- Banana Porridge (125g) goes for ₦1500- ₦2,000
Price of Cow & Gate
- 0- 6months sells within ₦5000-₦7000
- 6-12months goes for ₦6000-₦7500
- 1-2years goes for ₦5800-₦7500
Prices of Baby Diaper & Wipes in Nigeria
The days of washable cloth diapers seem to have passed by in Nigeria. Now, disposable diapers are all the rave among nursing mothers. For the first few weeks after birth, your baby would use between 4 and 6 diapers a day. That means you should expect to exhaust at least 120 diapers in the first month. If that seems too expensive for you, you can consider using washable nappies at times. Allowing diapers to remain on your baby for too long in order to cut cost is a bad idea that could expose your baby to skin infections, urinary tract infections, and other health problems.
- Size two count 10 goes for ₦600-₦700
- The cost of size one count 120 is₦4,500-₦5,500
- Size three count 264 & Size five count 210 sells around ₦11,500-₦12,500
- The price of size four count 128 & size five count 112 is around ₦6500-₦7200
- The price of size four count 216 is ₦11,000-₦12.000
- Size three count 80 goes for ₦3800-₦4500
- Premium Protection costs ₦20,000-₦22.000
- Cruisers Economy Diaper Sizes 3-6 sells around ₦22,000-₦24.000
- The cost of Pamper pants is ₦18,000-₦20.000
- Size two count 240 goes for ₦22,000-₦24,000
- Little Snugglers Baby Diapers Size three count 162 is selling around ₦20,000-₦22,000
- Snug & Dry Size six Count 144 sells around ₦19,000-₦21,000
- Size One count 70 goes for ₦3500-₦4000
- Odor Neutralising Nappy Sacks By 300 sells around ₦3800-₦4200
- The price of Little Angels Newborn Diapers Size 3 50 Count is ₦3000-₦3500
Baby Wipes Price
- Molfix Baby Wet Wipes sells around ₦600₦-5000
- Pampers fresh, clean Wipe goes for ₦1000- ₦4500
- Angel Baby Wipes cost ₦1000-₦3500
- While Prince & Princess goes for ₦1000-₦3500
- Also, Huggies Pure Wipes sells around ₦700-₦16,000
- Mamia Sensitive cost about ₦800-₦3500
- Cusson Soft & Smooth Goes for ₦1000-₦6000
- Munchkin Warm Glow sells around ₦9,500-₦15,00
- Lastly ASDA Little Angel sensitive cotton is selling around ₦1000-₦3500
Please make sure to also check;
- Current Price of poultry feed in Nigeria 2021
- The recent price of day-old layer chick
- Cost of raising layers in Nigeria.
Price of Feeding Accessories
When feeding a baby, utmost attention is a must. You cannot do it with something else. You need to watch and observe the baby while feeding.
Feeding accessories for babies comprise of a lot of things which are:
- Teething rings: ₦500-₦4,000.
- Food/bottle warmer: ₦2,000-₦11,000.
- Flask: ₦1,000-₦5,000.
- Breast pump: It sells within ₦3,000-₦150,000.
- Feeding bottle: ₦1,000-₦5,500.
- Bottle sterilizer: ₦7,000-₦20,000.
- Spoons & Cups : ₦1,000-₦5,500.
- Bottle & Nipple Brush: ₦800-₦2,500
- Storage containers: ₦800-₦1,500
Baby Nursery Prices
This includes the cot, wardrobe, walker, strollers, changing mat, carrier, monitor, changing table & Pram. The prices of these things depend on the brand and quality of the one you are going for.
Their prices are :
- Newborn car seat: ₦5,000-₦150,000
- Pram: ₦10,000-₦120,000
- Baby carrier: ₦5,000-₦35,000
- Cot : ₦15,000-₦150,000
- Baby Bag: ₦3,000-₦10,000
- Mattress : ₦4,500-₦10,000
- Mosquito net: ₦1,500-₦8,000
- Strollers : ₦30,000-₦120,000
- Baby rocker : ₦15,000-₦80,000
- Changing mats: ₦4,500-₦15,000
- Monitor : ₦4,500-₦15,000
- Safety gate: ₦3,500-₦50,000
- First aid kits: ₦3,500-₦5,000
Baby Bathing Kits Price
Bathing a baby involves patience and observation, so when bathing a baby(new-born, infant or toddler) you need to be careful, and an adult should do it.
The following are needed to get the baby clean during the bathe:
- Towels: ₦2,500-₦6,000
- Washcloths: ₦3,500-₦5,000
- Brush and comb: ₦500- V2,000
- Sponge: ₦500-₦3000
- Soap, Lotion, Oil, Cream, Powder, & Moisturizer: ₦15,000-₦23,000
- Bath Tub: ₦5.000-₦15,000
- Hanger: ₦ 3,000- ₦7,000
- Diaper Cream : ₦2,000-₦10,000
- Hand Sanitizer: ₦1,000-₦2,000
- Detergents :₦1,000-₦2,000
- Disinfectant: ₦300-₦500
- Thermostat: ₦1,500-₦2,500
- Nail cutter/Baby Scissors/Soft Nail Enamel File: ₦1,500-₦3,000
Price of Baby Toys
Toys are very essential things for the baby as it helps in keeping them busy. There are different toys based on gender although there are toys that can be used by both genders. So as an expectant mom you can go for the unisex toys.
- Musical mobile: ₦6,000-₦25,000
- Bouncer: ₦5,000-₦16,000
- Play mat: ₦6,000-₦20,000
- Play Pen: ₦1,000-₦6,000